In January, I set myself up with 8 goals that I wanted to achieve by the time this year came to an end. In May I checked in with myself to see how I was doing with them, and I wanted to do that one more time since 2011 is almost over! I have 2 more months to cross all these things off, so let’s see how I’ve done.
1. Eat healthier
- When I checked in with myself in May, I still wasn’t eating very well- just talking about the habits I wanted to pick up. Since then I’ve improved a LOT. I wouldn’t say that this goal is accomplished, but I’ve made some really good headway on it and I’m confident that I’ll be able to cross it off.
- Accomplished! I went to Greece for three weeks AND I have another potential trip for December… I’m so excited!
3. Achieve a 3.0 GPA in school or higher
- On my way there, although I don’t know if I’ll get it after this semester. That being said, when I updated my goals in May I was FAR from it. Now? I’m only about .3 away from my goal. Hopefully I’ll be able to achieve a 3.0 in no time! I won’t be too upset if it’s not this year. I worked really hard in school anyway.
4. Stay more organized
- I’m definitely doing well on this one. I use my agenda to keep my blog posts organize, my phone to keep track of my work schedule, interviews & concerts, and I have notebooks dedicated to my to-do lists, and budgeting right now. I’m doing a pretty good job of being organized these days! Not to mention it’s incredibly stress relieving to stay organized. It calms me to make lists. Who knew?!
5. Save money
- Accomplished, and starting over again. If I hadn’t gone to Greece, I think I would have a LOT more money saved up. I had almost enough saved for my entire trip, but obviously that’s all gone & then some. I’m back to saving and budgeting though- I feel good that I’m starting to make this a habit that I’ve NEVER had before.
6. Read 40 books or more
- Accomplished! I’ve read 40 books and 8 graphic novels so far this year. I was at 20 books in May, so I really pushed myself in the last 5 months. Technically my new goal is 60, but since I *cheated* with graphic novels I don’t know how much I’ll count it. Still, I’ve read more books this year than any other year in my life. Success!
7. Cross off atleast 50 goals on my 101 goals in 1,001 days list
- Not accomplished yet, not even really CLOSE. I’ve accomplished about 30 of them so far this year, and I’ll probably cross off a couple more… But nowhere near the 50 I had planned. I knew that was pretty ambitious to begin with, considering a lot of my goals are more long-term. I also created a NEW list, the 23 Before 23 list, which was never even originally planned. I’ve been working on those as well & I think I’ve been doing pretty darn good with my monthly goals too!
8. Buy a camera and take more pictures.
- Accomplished! I bought one this summer. I love it and it hasn’t fallen into the trap of my bad luck (breaking) which I consider a success. If it lasts me until January, I’ll happily be able to cross this goal off the list too.
Overall, I think that I’m doing pretty darn well with only 2 months left to the year. I can’t believe it’s already almost 2012… Time is just flying by. I have a little bit of working to do on just about all of these, but I feel really good about them overall. I’m going to enjoy reading without worrying about hitting 60- it’s going to be tough with finals just around the corner- I’m going to instead try and focus on eating healthier and saving money. I know these are things that will carry into 2012 but I’m happy that they’re goals I was able to achieve for the first year ever.
How are your New Years’ resolutions going?