So, I haven’t really been around in a while. My blog has felt like such a distant part of my life that I haven’t had to think of in so long, and when I was looking around this weekend seemed really abandoned and desolate-looking. I thought this might be a good way to update on my life and make this internet home of mine look more lively!
1. I can’t imagine starting with any news except this: one of my best friends asked me to be her maid of honour this past Saturday. Although she told me she wanted me as a bridesmaid in her wedding party, I had NO idea that she would be asking me to play such an important role alongside her on her special day. I’m so excited and happy for the two of them, and I’m especially mind-blown that I’m old enough to be planning a best friend’s wedding. These next couple years are going to be so great
2. Just before leaving for vacation I started watching ‘Orange is the New Black’. I was only a couple episodes in before leaving, but now that I’m back I’ve managed to catch up with the entire first season. I spent most of Saturday procrastinating work (whatever, it was Saturday!) and managed to watch, like, 8 episodes. It’s SO addictive, it’s ridiculous! Speaking of TV: Dexter, Suits, and Amazing Race Canada are my other three obsessions. Although I have to admit this season of Dexter? Ehhhhhh.
3. I start school in one week. ONE WEEK. How in the HECK is that possible? How have I been on summer vacation for almost 4 whole months? Where did the time go? I just don’t understand. I’m going back full-time on top of my CASA Cares, Confront Magazine, and actual part-time work so… Life is about to get that much more crazy! I’m not entirely sure how I’m going to survive, but I’m going to do my best.
4. Going on vacation gave me the chance to kick up my reading again. I read 4 books in the two weeks that I was gone (more or less) and I actually loved all of them! I finally read ‘The Kite Runner’ which ENDED me. I also read ‘Girl at Sea’ by Maureen Johnson, ‘The Rosie Project’ by Graeme Simsion, and ‘Shadow and Bone’ by Leigh Bardugo. The last two were probably my favorites (other than Kite Runner) and I highly recommend both if you’re interested in contemporary fiction or YA fantasy. I’m hoping to continue to find time to read now that I’m home and back into working!
5. Other things going on? Well, this weekend I spent all of Friday with my brother, sister-in-law and nephew. My brother is leaving for almost 2 months (on and off for work) and it’s his birthday today (Happy birthday bro!) so we enjoyed some family time together. I babysat my nephew for a few hours so they could both get some other work done, and then we had a nice family dinner once everyone else was done work.
I also went to my friend’s engagement party on Sunday afternoon (the one mentioned above) and it was the absolute best time. It was mostly extremely close family and the wedding party, and a great way to begin the celebrations that will be taking place over the next two years (not to mention the bridesmaids have begun conspiring on the bachelorette!)
The rest of the week on the blog is going to be re-caps about my cruise, so I’m very excited about that. I’m really missing vacay these last couple days, so I’ll be re-living it through my blog posts. And since I’ve been updating YOU on MY life, it’s time for YOU to update me! I’ve been gone too long. What have I missed?!