Oh, hi there blog. It kind of seems like every time I’m feeling inspired to write, two more weeks fly by in the blink of an eye and my blog has fallen to the wayside again. Sad face.
Luckily though, it’s all because life is going on like crazy and I’m overwhelmed with tons of amazing things happening! Here are some highlights from the last month or so:
1. I survived nearly 3 weeks of interviews for Casa Cares and hired an additional 7 new executives for my team! We’re now almost 20 people total and I love each and every one of their faces. They’re such dedicated individuals and I couldn’t be more proud of how quickly they jumped right in and they’re ready to get to work!
2. Throughout nonstop interviews I also managed to survive midterms. JUST BARELY, but I survived. Note to self: interviews + midterms do not mix. Luckily, it was worth it
3. There were some really beautiful, warm days in October before it started getting chilly and I tried to take advantage. Lunch on terraces between classes, cocktails at school watching the sun set, evenings at the park with my nephew, and gorgeous walks. November is already extremely cold and I MISS the beautiful weather, but so glad I enjoyed some little moments here and there before winter started to creep in.
4. I hit 5 years at my current job, which is INSANE to me. That is 1/5 of my whole life (actually, a tiny bit more) spent in this place. I’ve grown up so much working there, and despite being retail, I couldn’t ask for a better place to spend some of my most life changing years. I was all nostalgic and emotional about it this month! Yay for random milestones?!
5. My nephew turned two and it’s like this switch went off in his head and he’s an actual, legitimate, for REAL toddler now. I’ve referred to him as one for the last 6 months, but he is officially using words and he calls me ‘auntie’ in French and he actually asks for me when I’m not around. He’s becoming AWARE and recognizes me as a friend and it’s the strangest, cutest thing. We celebrated his birthday two weekends in a row which was lots of fun. My brother and sis-in-law also moved into a new home so we had a house-warming and I just love “our” new house, ha
6. Casa Cares hosted another successful event in support of Movember Canada! We had a cocktail event at our University with about 40 or so students, a guest speaker from the organization, lots of wine, food, cupcakes, and it was just lovely. Great way to welcome the new team!
7. I was offered a writing position with a really amazing Montreal culture blog/website called MTL Blog. They are by far one of the most well known in the city and I have the opportunity to spend some time working on their music section. I’m so excited to bring Montreal music to more Montrealers, and it was really an opportunity that fell right out of the sky. Yay!
8. I pulled my very first, legitimate ALL NIGHTER at school. Literally stayed at school for 24 straight hours, and was awake for 33 total. I didn’t know what it was like to NOT feel human until I woke up the following day after 14 hours of sleep and realized it was like a haze had been lifted. I can’t say this was a “good” moment in the month, but as a BIG sleeper, this was definitely memorable, ha! Hopefully never doing this again, but definitely an experience for the books. I don’t know how students do this regularly!
9. In September, I applied for a “Student Brand Manager” position with a travel company called Beach Travelers. Basically, it’s an internship with them to promote their brand across campus. There were over 500 applicants and only 25 total across the country would be chosen. I was one of them! AND? I’m being flown out to Vancouver for 4 days this coming weekend to celebrate. I’m so, so, SO excited. A little terrified, but I can’t wait to see what this internship is about. Oh, and I can’t WAIT to convince lots and lots of people to travel to beautiful parts of the world. It’s going to take all my restraint not to book every single one of their trips for myself!
10. Between the CRAZY that is my life, I somehow found a couple days in there for myself. I caught up with some TV, some sleep, and tried my best to find ways to take care of myself so that I dont’ burn out. I can’t believe I’m surviving this crazy semester. I’m officially a big believer in “you make time for the things you love most”. No one can say that they “don’t have time” for any particular thing, because if you really WANT something, you will make it happen for yourself.
How was your October?