My summer is shaping up to be a seriously whirlwind three months of fun times, concerts, road trips, and travels. I’ve been missing the regularity of blogging in my life, but sometimes when you’re busy living, it’s hard to sit down and find the time to write about it.
That being said, I’d like to try and get back into some kind of more regular schedule; for me, my writing, and for the sake of the things that I love accomplishing through this space!
I’ve been severely neglecting my goals for 2013, which I had put a lot of time into coming up with. Here are a few things I would like to re-focus on this month:
1) Get back into reading- my reading has really been suffering because I’ve just been immersing myself into my work so much. I need to remind myself that it’s okay to step back and take time for ME. I’d love to read four books this month! One a week seems completely manageable in my schedule.
2) Complete Confront Magazine’s server switch- This is a pretty specific goal on my list that I’ve been working really hard on, but I’ve kind of lost my steam on this because I have NO idea how FTP works or how to ensure everything is being transferred accordingly. I’ve made great progress & it’s time to finish up!
3) Start eating healthier & exercising- I’ve been putting this off forever because I’m lazy, and I haven’t been grocery shopping with my mom to make sure she gets the healthy foods I enjoy. I’ve been feeling not-amazing lately because of it, but I want to feel GREAT by the time I get to my cruise in August. Time to start working my way back to my healthy goal weight.
Looking Forward To…
- So many concerts! Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes on June 12th, Groenland/We Are The City on June 13th, Ed Sheeran/Taylor Swift on June 15th, and potentially a couple more as coverage for Confront Magazine.
- A long-weekend in Toronto with one of my best friends for the Ed Sheeran/TSwift show. We bought our tickets something like 6 months ago, and now the show is just two weeks away! We’re also sticking around for the MuchMusic Video Awards, and are planning a fun evening at the red carpet event, as well as some wandering around in TO- one of my favorite Canadian cities.
- Some beautiful summer weather, afternoons spent enjoying the sun with a good book, and quality time with friends. June is all about getting into the summer months, and I want to fully enjoy it with friends & family.