Since coming home just over a week ago from Europe, I’ve basically been just trying to get back into life as usual. I love doing these ‘currently’ posts every once in a while, and I thought now was just as good a time as any to do another in the series considering my blog has basically consisted of travel re-caps since I got back!
– I’m finishing up Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows. It’s taking me a little while now that I’m back home, but I don’t mind. It’s going to be so strange to say goodbye to Harry, Ron & Hermione again once my re-read is over. I’ve gotten used to having them in my life for a few pages every day of the summer.
– Since coming home from Europe, I absolutely can’t get enough of the new No Doubt song ‘Push & Shove’. It’s SO catchy and I’m a HUUGE No Doubt fan. Their reunion tour a couple years back is still one of the best concerts I’ve ever been to.
– I haven’t been able to stop listening to 2 particular bands lately: The Lumineers and Bombay Bicycle Club. I’m so sad that I missed BBC in July while they were at the Osheaga festival (AND I WAS TOO, I JUST DIDN’T SEE THEIR SET!) but these things happen.
– The song ‘Blow Me (One Last Kiss) by P!nk was that *song* that I couldn’t stop listening to while in Europe. Each trip has those few tracks that remind you of those travel destinations when they play, and this P!nk song is one of them for me.
-I’ve been enjoying some re-runs of Community and Big Bang Theory lately and kind of ignoring my “to-watch” list on my computer. I have some catching up to do on Weeds and Hell’s Kitchen as I know TV season is just around the corner!
Speaking of Big Bang Theory, how AWESOME is this birthday gift?! One of my best friends Jenia was over this weekend & finally had the chance to give it to me. I think the Sheldon bobble-head might be my favorite!
– Some extra cash. Ideally there would be like 8 more hours in a day and I could take a second job to pay off my travel bills, but that’s just not possible.
– Apparently I’m needing more sleep than I’m getting. Which is so weird, because I’ve been sleeping looooong nights since coming home from Europe. I know I really pushed myself while I was on vacation & stayed awake much longer than I normally would. I’d like to think my body is playing catch up right now, but I have a feeling I’m fighting off a virus of some sort.
– My bank statements. I really am. I haven’t been paid in WEEKS and the idea of looking at my credit card (even though I know the numbers) is just frightening.
– The idea of school. I mean, on one level I’m extremely excited to go & start the first year of my business degree, but on the other hand I’m not one of those people that needs school in my life to find routine. I’ve loved having 4 months off and I’ve gotten into a different KIND of routine.
- Being home. Don’t get me wrong, I miss traveling TERRIBLY. There’s no doubt in my mind that I’m meant to do a lot more of it. Talking to people who are planning their trips makes my heart ache to get back out in the world… But still, it’s nice to be back.
– My new room. While I was in Europe, my mom had our basement (which was basically storage) renovated, and now I’m sleeping down here. I LOVE it. It’s like a small apartment and I can finally host little evenings down here without disturbing upstairs. It’s so much more private and I have tons of space for books, I have a living room and basically just some room to grow up a little. I’m not ready to move out (and have no reason to while I’m still in school) so this bit of privacy is going to go a LONG way for me!
My new wall of bookshelves in the basement! I love all the extra space I have to buy MORE books …and YES, those are Harry & Ron dolls, but NO they are not recent purchases. Ha!