The first 3 and a half months of 2013 have been nothing short of exhausting for me- but also? Amazing. I started off really strong with my goals, and as time went on I sporadically seemed to do a few more. I definitely plan on working on a lot of this during the summer when I have more free time, because the truth is I just *don’t* have time to do it all.
I think a lot of these are definitely still attainable in the next 8 and a half months, and although I haven’t made a HUGE amount of progress yet, I still wanted to look over everything to see where I stand, and what I can stand to accomplish in the second quarter of the year.
- Save at least 30% from each paycheck & put it in my savings account. No progress. My bad.
- Create a second savings account for the future, 10% of each paycheck. No progress. I’m not so good with the saving money thing.
- Read “Debt-Free Forever” by Gail Vaz-Oxlade. I forgot about this goal! I want to read this when I have some time to dedicate to it, though. Maybe this summer.
- Pay off my credit card; never spend more than I can pay off. I did pay it off, but then a hundred things came up and it’s no longer paid off. Working on it again, though!
Health, Fitness & Vitality
- Get back to the gym. This is the plan for the summer!
- Exercise at least once a week ( 0/52). Ummm. I’m terrible at this exercise thing.
- Cook 5 healthy recipes (0/5). More plans for the summer!
- Go vegetarian for a month. I’ve been trying to figure out when this would be best to do. I’m thinking summertime, knock off all these healthy goals in one shot.
- Reach my ideal weight through healthy eating & exercise. I am in fact very close to my ideal weight, but it’s not because I’ve been healthy. I’m trying to remember to eat lots of fruits and veggies, but to be honest I’ve lost a lot of weight because of stress.
- Train to run a 5K and choose one to participate in with a friend. I have not trained, but I’d still love to run one in the fall.
- Complete my room project. In progress!
- Print pictures from 2012 to add to my photo album. I have no money for this goal, but I’d still like to accomplish it.
- Scrapbook Brazil & Europe 2012. I don’t really know if I even *want* to scrapbook my trips, or just save my photos in a photo album. I need to print them out first!
- Plan an adventure. Complete! I went to New York City for 4 days, and Boston for 2. I’m also planning two potential trips to Toronto. Yay!
- Get my driver’s license. I’m looking at doing this over the summer as well, when I have the time to start driving and practicing again. Also, I don’t want to do it while there is still snow outside.
- Get a tattoo. I’m going to work on this one. I have a general idea of what I want!
- Read 50 books (0/50). I’m about 10 books through at this point, I think!
*5 non-fiction (1/5)
*re-read two all-time favorites (0/2)
- Start a blog feature. Complete! Two months in, I still love sharing everyone’s ‘five songs’ that changed their lives.
- Guest post for 5 bloggers (5/5). I wasn’t expecting to accomplish this one so quickly, but there you have it. The fifth hasn’t been published yet!
4) Creative Encounters (An interview about my job for Confront Magazine!)
- Write 5 music pieces outside of CONFRONT Magazine (0/5). I still love this goal, but haven’t had time to make any progress!
- Write 10 book reviews, including 2 for outside sources like NetGalley (3/10). In progress.
- Start writing creatively again, outside of job purposes (ie: non-music/blog/school). Another goal I love, but no time to spend on creative writing. That makes me sad!
- Research, plan & complete a server switch for CONFRONT Magazine. In progress!
- Complete the CONFRONT media kit & create sponsorship packages. Kind of in progress?
- Research + apply to summer internships and/or job possibilities (if any). I applied to become the next President of CASA Cares & I got it! This will be taking up plenty of time without any additional internships.
- Plan the remainder of my University degree, class by class & raise my GPA by 2014. Definitely in progress.
- Suffer for fifteen minutes at least 3 times a week (0/156). I like how I originally planned to do this 3 times a week, but it’s really tough to keep track of. I did it a lot at first, but have since lost track. I’m going to get back into this though, because I love this goal.
*This goal was inspired by Gretchen Rubin’s book ‘Happier at Home’ in which she tackles those really annoying tasks for 15 minutes a day until they got done, instead of letting them pile up. I’ve got the list of annoying things to do right next to me and I’m weirdly excited to slowly cross those things off!
- Plan “me-time” each week (especially during school) to avoid burning out or getting too stressed. Definitely working on this on a regular basis. I tend to work myself until I can’t keep my eyes open, but sometimes I just sit down and remind myself I’m allowed an hour for myself.
- Create monthly study schedules ( 3/10). In progress!
- Keep a calendar/agenda of upcoming events (concerts, dinner dates, etc) each month (3/12). I bought an amazing agenda that allows me to plan every hour of my day. I’m sad/happy to report that I use it religiously, and would not be able to find myself without it!
How are your 2013 goals going? Any progress?