I’ve been writing a post since last Friday that was meant to be scheduled today, but it still just isn’t ready yet. I don’t like how some of it is worded & it’s not quite conveying the points I want, so it’ll have to wait until next week!
In the meantime, I thought I’d do a little update on life with some bullet points.
1. I’m currently about halfway through Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets. I love these earlier books because the writing is almost nothing like I remember. I’ve forgotten a lot of little details, too, but overall I haven’t forgotten nearly as much as I thought. Also, I’m completely in love with Ron Weasley as I re-read them. He’s such a great character!
2. Work has been really weird these last few weeks because I’m working ONLY evenings. I work 3-4 times a week and it’s almost always 3-10:30pm. I love having my mornings off, but that means that I’m not seeing my mom AT all except when she comes to pick me up… So that kind of sucks.
3. The month of May saw some of the most GORGEOUS weather here in Montreal. I don’t think it’s ever been that beautiful for so many consecutive days, especially not in such an early spring month. June? Not so much. So far it’s been rainy & kind of chilly. The sun came back out yesterday & today, but it’s still too cold to leave the house without a sweater. Warm up, Montreal! I want to read outside!
It was gorgeous out yesterday, and the sky was so blue! I was still wearing a big sweater though.
4. I’ve been having a lot of trouble with the subscribing link for this blog. I’m sorry about that to anyone who’s been confused with it. The official link to subscribe for now is www.melissalivinglife.com/feed. I don’t know why you have to add /feed at the end, but it works.
5. I’ve started working with the extremely talented Ashley on a blog makeover. She is designing my very first custom layout and she’s had some fantastic ideas so far! I can’t wait to see it all put together!
6. I feel like I talk a lot about my family around here, and somehow I’ve forgotten to talk very much about my puppies, who are basically my children. I have 3 dogs at home right now, but the two newest additions (Chewy & Zorro) are like my babies. They also make me want to pull my hair out. They just turned 6 months old and are cuddlier (and crazier!) than ever. They’ve also finally begun to understand house-training. It took me completely LOSING it a few days ago, but there hasn’t been a single mess since. YAY!
Zorro loves curling up in a ball on my bed
7. I re-decorated my room a few days ago and moved all my furniture around for the first time in probably 5 years. I LOVE my room and it has inspired me to keep it much cleaner. My mom highly approves. I’ve also come to the conclusion that I have too many books. To celebrate? I bought two more!
8. I recently bought the three Lord of the Rings movies on sale, and I am ridiculously excited to have a LOTR marathon. It’s one of my 101 goals because I haven’t watched them in SO LONG. I was actually obsessed with Legolas as a teenager. Not even Orlando Bloom… Just Legolas. I’m a bit of a nerd.
9. I’m leaving for Europe in EXACTLY 2 months. Holy crap! I CAN’T WAIT. I go through phases where I’m absolutely terrified to leave with my life in a backpack for 3 weeks, and days like today where I wish I was leaving sooner.
10. I’m so tired of selling the book 50 Shades of Grey and hearing about it. I just wanted to throw that out there. Can society move on to something more interesting now?
What’s going on with you lately?!